- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
13 December 2011
RUSSIA: 14 Dec UPDATE: 60 Journalists Protest...Oligarch Firing Magazine Editor Over Anti-Putin Photo.
Alisher Usmanov (above)...billionaire metals oligarch and owner of Kommersant publishing house...fired his magazine's longtime chief editor Maxim Kovalsky and another executive...for publishing a photograph with an obscene message about PM Vladimir Putin.
More than 60 members of the magazine signed an open letter of protest over the firings.
The KOMMERSANT magazine had pictured a paper ballot with the words "Putin, go ###k yourself".
The foto caption read: "A correctly filled out ballot recognised as invalid."
The magazine's publisher also resigned.