- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
13 December 2011
RUSSIA: 14 Dec UPDATE: 60 Journalists Protest...Oligarch Firing Magazine Editor Over Anti-Putin Photo.
Alisher Usmanov (above)...billionaire metals oligarch and owner of Kommersant publishing house...fired his magazine's longtime chief editor Maxim Kovalsky and another executive...for publishing a photograph with an obscene message about PM Vladimir Putin.
More than 60 members of the magazine signed an open letter of protest over the firings.
The KOMMERSANT magazine had pictured a paper ballot with the words "Putin, go ###k yourself".
The foto caption read: "A correctly filled out ballot recognised as invalid."
The magazine's publisher also resigned.