22 September 2010

COLOMBIA: Sofia Vergara Is Delighted To Be Portraying A Colombiana.

USATODAY/ Cindy Clark/
     IMO...the hottest actress now on American TV is Colombiana Sofia Vergara. Even at age 38, Vergara steals the show in ABC's "Modern Family" sitcom.
     Vergara: "I've been in the entertainment industry for the last 20 years in the Latin market. Being able to be honored in an American sitcom ... It's the same thing, but on a bigger scale. Before I'd never gotten recognized by American people.Colombia is ecstatic. Everyone went crazy," says Vergara of her Emmy nod. "For us, it's not very often we get good press ... not being famous for something (other than) the cocaine. I never dreamed of this."
"I like that she's Colombian!" enthuses Vergara. "I love it. It was so fantastic, so convenient for me. They could have made it a generic Latin woman. They didn't have to specify. But for me it's amazing because they can talk about the culture. I can show a little bit of my country to the States, to the world."