USATODAY/ Cindy Clark/
IMO...the hottest actress now on American TV is Colombiana Sofia Vergara. Even at age 38, Vergara steals the show in ABC's "Modern Family" sitcom.
Vergara: "I've been in the entertainment industry for the last 20 years in the Latin market. Being able to be honored in an American sitcom ... It's the same thing, but on a bigger scale. Before I'd never gotten recognized by American people.Colombia is ecstatic. Everyone went crazy," says Vergara of her Emmy nod. "For us, it's not very often we get good press ... not being famous for something (other than) the cocaine. I never dreamed of this."
"I like that she's Colombian!" enthuses Vergara. "I love it. It was so fantastic, so convenient for me. They could have made it a generic Latin woman. They didn't have to specify. But for me it's amazing because they can talk about the culture. I can show a little bit of my country to the States, to the world."
Popular Posts
- CANADA / MEXICO / CHILE : Former BC Woman Cop Murdered In Playa Del Carmen; Barrick Gold Fined $16 Million For Pascua-Lama, May Suspend Mine.
- POLAND: Jaroslaw's Opposition Party Expells 3 Top Members.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP / SWEDEN / MEXICO / BRASIL: Gauging Navalny's Real Support; American Sought For 4 Murders In Brno; Rioting Near Stockholm Spreads On 4th Night; Vigilantes Continue Narco Fight In Tierra Caliente; October Auction Scheduled For Giant Libra Subsalt Field.
- BRASIL: Truck Driver Escapes Watery Death.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- CHINA / VIDEO : Dissident Artist Ai Weiwei Releases Critical Funky Rock Video.
- EL SALVADOR : Supreme Court Ruling Threatens 60,000 Gang War Truce.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- AUSTIN / TECHNOLOGY : TWITTER Is NewsBlog's New Home.