Popular Posts
- CANADA / MEXICO / CHILE : Former BC Woman Cop Murdered In Playa Del Carmen; Barrick Gold Fined $16 Million For Pascua-Lama, May Suspend Mine.
- EL SALVADOR : Supreme Court Ruling Threatens 60,000 Gang War Truce.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- CHINA / VIDEO : Dissident Artist Ai Weiwei Releases Critical Funky Rock Video.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP / SWEDEN / MEXICO / BRASIL: Gauging Navalny's Real Support; American Sought For 4 Murders In Brno; Rioting Near Stockholm Spreads On 4th Night; Vigilantes Continue Narco Fight In Tierra Caliente; October Auction Scheduled For Giant Libra Subsalt Field.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- TECHNOLOGY : Today's 8 TWITTER Posts/Newslinks.
- AUSTIN / TECHNOLOGY : TWITTER Is NewsBlog's New Home.
- POLAND: Jaroslaw's Opposition Party Expells 3 Top Members.
- BRASIL / EUROZONE: Europeans Setting Up Homes In Rio's Former Slums.
01 June 2010
COLOMBIA: Director Oliver Stone Wants Prayers For Less Militaristic Regime.
COLOMBIA REPORTS/ U.S. director Oliver Stone is out promoting his new film "South of the Border." While in Ecuador, he called on the world to "Pray that we don't have another military regime in Colombia." The film features informal interviews by Stone with Chavez and six allied leftist presidents, from Evo Morales to Raul Castro. On Chavez:."I admire Hugo. I like him very much as a person. I can say one thing. ... He shouldn't be on television all the time. As a director I say you don't want to be overpowering. And I think he is sometimes that way."