05 November 2009

WTF! : Yahoo Drops AP Latin American News Category.

ORIGINAL OPINION/NO link/

I just checked my YAHOO account. I rarely go to Yahoo anymore for news or mail because I rely on Gmail and Google news.
The number one reason--so MUCH LESS SPAM leaks into my mailbox at Gmail than Yahoo..
Yahoo was the first email account I ever signed up for but I have almost completely ignored it since I got Gmail...way back in its Beta form. Yet I maintained Yahoo, just in case.
Today, I visited Yahoo News, and they apparently have DROPPED their AP LATIN AMERICAN news section. It contained a good selection of the most recent and important LatAm news stories.
I only checked it to see if I had missed any important news items from my RSS and GoogleNews searches. Now, it's gone! Poof! WTF!
Oh, and now Yahoo uses only Bing search. It's worth mentioning that after 1,200+ blogs and thousands of page views from around the world, Bing virtually ignores THE HYPERVIGILANT OBSERVER's news posts.
So, IMO...Yahoo is now completely WORTHLESS! It's NOT for me, anymore.
Yahoo now ranks with Pandora Radio--as the most annoying of popular web sites--I used to visit.