ORIGINAL OPINION/NO link/
I just checked my YAHOO account. I rarely go to Yahoo anymore for news or mail because I rely on Gmail and Google news.
The number one reason--so MUCH LESS SPAM leaks into my mailbox at Gmail than Yahoo..
Yahoo was the first email account I ever signed up for but I have almost completely ignored it since I got Gmail...way back in its Beta form. Yet I maintained Yahoo, just in case.
Today, I visited Yahoo News, and they apparently have DROPPED their AP LATIN AMERICAN news section. It contained a good selection of the most recent and important LatAm news stories.
I only checked it to see if I had missed any important news items from my RSS and GoogleNews searches. Now, it's gone! Poof! WTF!
Oh, and now Yahoo uses only Bing search. It's worth mentioning that after 1,200+ blogs and thousands of page views from around the world, Bing virtually ignores THE HYPERVIGILANT OBSERVER's news posts.
So, IMO...Yahoo is now completely WORTHLESS! It's NOT for me, anymore.
Yahoo now ranks with Pandora Radio--as the most annoying of popular web sites--I used to visit.
Popular Posts
- CANADA / MEXICO / CHILE : Former BC Woman Cop Murdered In Playa Del Carmen; Barrick Gold Fined $16 Million For Pascua-Lama, May Suspend Mine.
- POLAND: Jaroslaw's Opposition Party Expells 3 Top Members.
- BRASIL: Truck Driver Escapes Watery Death.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- EL SALVADOR : Supreme Court Ruling Threatens 60,000 Gang War Truce.
- CHINA / VIDEO : Dissident Artist Ai Weiwei Releases Critical Funky Rock Video.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP / SWEDEN / MEXICO / BRASIL: Gauging Navalny's Real Support; American Sought For 4 Murders In Brno; Rioting Near Stockholm Spreads On 4th Night; Vigilantes Continue Narco Fight In Tierra Caliente; October Auction Scheduled For Giant Libra Subsalt Field.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL / EUROZONE: Europeans Setting Up Homes In Rio's Former Slums.